I was in the Wizard of Oz a couple years ago. I was a munchkin! My family kept saying I have the most important line in the whole show. My line was: ‘follow the yellow brick road!’ In a way, they were right, if nobody told Dorothy what to do the entire thing wouldn’t have happened.
Here are a few tips for auditioning:
1. Don’t get nervous. Everyone there is going to be very stressed out, no matter how they seem. Do your best to ignore the butterflies in your stomach, don’t let them win.
2. If you do get nervous, DON’T STRESS OUT. This is the hardest one for me, but if I forgot it, I would never be able to perform. If you stress out, you won’t be able to do anything. Stay cool and confident and you’ll be fine.
3. There’s (almost) no such thing as too loud. As long as your voice won’t hurt afterwards(and you aren’t screaming), you’re probably doing good.
4. ALWAYS KEEP THE RIGHT MOOD!!! Be your character keep the mood they would. Always be who the judges want you to be. be hyper, happy, sad, tired, or anything else. NEVER disregard their tips!
5. Present yourself nicely. Have yourself nicely groomed and dressed for your audition. Judges will always choose the one with the best presentation when it comes down to it. Think about it, who would you choose, the one in sweatpants and a mussed up T-shirt or the one in the nice dress and hair and good etiquette(assuming they are both equally favorable for the role)? The latter, of course!
6.Don’t overdo it. Keep calm and do your best without being overly energetic. Be careful about how you are supposed to act for the role. Keep the right energy and do your best.
These are my tips for auditioning for a specific role or in general. I really hope they help you to land the spot you want.
See you later,